- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese, or non-whipped at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 10 8-ounce mason jars (I used 4-oz – makes twice as many)
- 1. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
- 2. In a separate bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Layer the parfait ingredients into mason jars in this order: graham crackers, pumpkin cream cheese mixture, whipped cream. Continue to layer to fill the jar, at least 2 layers of each ingredient.
- 4. Serve chilled.
Three major reasons why I love this dessert:
1. Kids 4 and up can do almost every step of this recipe on their own.
2. It can be prepared 24 hours in advance, so all you need to do after dinner is pull the jars out of the fridge and serve.
3. It’s a ton of fun plunging your spoon into the jar and cutting through the luscious layers of this incredible treat!